Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The New Horizon Report?

A number of bloggers have mentioned the 2007 Horizon Report in the last week. I eagerly printed my copy and started reading last night. The content seemed familiar to me, and then I noticed the links for further reading were all articles from 2006. What really stopped me was when I came across this in the report:
As the 2007 Horizon Report was going to
press, Apple, Inc. announced what appears to
be a breakthrough product in the mobile phone
market, the iPhone. The device, which has but
one button, uses an interactive touch screen
and combines the functions of an iPod, a phone,
a web browser, and a messaging device.
I did some investigating, and it seems the 2008 Horizon report will be released January 29, 2008.

So stay tuned for the new report...


1 comment:

Alan said...

Is it really that hard to figure out? The January publication date is all over the web site and the wiki.

None of these cited blog posts states "The Horizon Report was Published in December 14, 2007", it just happened to be the date some blogger finally stumbled across it.

Better bloggers (and editors at the Chronicle) should dig a bit before just echo blogging.