Thursday, June 05, 2008

SLA Conference News and Updates

I'll be attending the SLA Annual Conference in Seattle next week. This year there will be even more ways to follow the conference online:

Blogs
SLA attendees have been blogging the conference for several years now. Follow the conference at these blogs:
And there are many other SLA chapter and division blogs. You could subscribe to all of them via this mega-feed.

Facebook
I created the Facebook group for SLA members two years ago--before Facebook was even open outside higher education. Can we reach 1000 group members before conference? Also, check out the Facebook Annual Conference event for more conference-related stuff.

Flickr
The official tag for the SLA Conference is SLA2008. I suspect there will be many dance party and other photos up there tagged as such.

Twitter
This year SLA will be twittering. I still don't really get it, though I appreciate it. Join in the fun by following Daniel's instructions.

Wiki
Local arrangements and travel information can be found at the SLA Conference wiki.


I'm going to follow as much of this as I can this year though I have a particularly busy conference schedule. I'll try to post at least a few things on this blog.

No comments: