Saturday, April 04, 2009

Library Technology Conference

I had such a great time talking about information commons during the opening session of the Library Technology Conference at Macalester College in St. Paul, MN on March 18. The crowd had a lot of questions, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with attendees afterward about their own commons plans and experiences. Special thanks to Ron Joslin for inviting me to speak and to Jeanine Gatzke for being such an excellent guide during my stay.

If you are not familiar with this conference, take a look at the outstanding sessions they offered. The mix of presentations and hands-on sessions are ideal, and the range of topics is excellent. I heard more than once from attendees who had just returned from ACRL the week before that this conference was better. I was not able to stay for the entire conference, but for what I did attend, it was difficult to choose among such interesting sessions. I have already talked to a few of my colleagues here about looking at this conference for ideas for a future Kentucky event. Thank you, Minnesota!

Photo by Jeanine Gatzke

1 comment:

Beth said...

Loved seeing what the Hub was all about at the Tech Conference. It was really inspiring! Thanks.