Friday, July 24, 2009

The Next Commons

I am delighted to be chairing the Research Commons Working Group on my campus which will begin our work this fall. For some time we've been talking about how we might bring some new services to our main reference floor as well as rearrange the space to better meet faculty and graduate student needs. Over a year and a half ago, I collected some examples of faculty/scholarly/research commons projects. I am curious if more have been developed since that time and will be querying infocommons and Frye colleagues soon.

If any of you are involved in a faculty/scholarly/research commons, please share in the comments or contact me. I'd really like to talk with you about your experience. Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stacey, last year, Cathy Moulder and I published an ARL Spec Kit titled Graduate Student and Faculty Spaces and Services. You can access the executive summary and table of contents at http://www.arl.org/bm~doc/spec308web.pdf

I'd be happy to talk to you about it.

vivian (Frye 2008)

Stacey Greenwell said...

Vivian, I have a copy on my desk right now, and it's the next thing in my to-read pile. I look forward to talking with you about it. Nice to see such a publication from a fellow Frye alum. Thanks!