Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Recent Commons News

My new job and school have kept me away from posting in quite some time. Recently I've noticed a few things I'd like to share:

The Information Commons Discussion Group will be meeting again at the ALA Annual Conference. I don't usually attend ALA, but when I have, this is a must-attend event. Rudy Leon, this year's convener, is collecting ideas for the topic, so please share your suggestions.

Catherine Lavallée-Welch, a friend and fellow SLA member, has recently posted some good ideas about future learning spaces on the SLA 365 blog. She is planning a learning commons at the University of South Florida Polytechnic Library, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

I don't have time to report much news anymore--there are renovations and new openings galore--but David Murray at Infocommons and Beyond is great about keeping us up to date on commons-related news. Check it out!

No comments: