Saturday, October 04, 2008

UK Students Love their Library

It's been a great couple of weeks for the Hub. First we launched our promotional video which was mentioned in American Libraries Direct. Then I was interviewed by Michael Stephens about the Hub on the ALA Tech Source blog.

Those were all wonderful things, and we're very proud of them. But I have to say that what excites me most is this terrific article the student newspaper ran about the Hub this week, amid student protests for the library to return to 24/5 hours which has thankfully been resolved. It is so wonderful to see students expressing such strong feelings in support of the library. I'm glad the building hours have been reinstated, and I hope many of these students will continue taking advantage of all the great services available in the Hub.

No comments: