Friday, February 01, 2008

Blue 2.0: RSS and Wikis

I have served as the "guide" for this week's Blue 2.0 learning topic, RSS & Wikis. So far it has been fun to look through all of the participant blogs and comment, but wow is it time consuming! I suppose that's a good problem to have--over 100 of our library staff are actively participating in this technology training program. And we are certainly having a lot of fun!

Here's my report on this module's assignment:

RSS (Bloglines)
I've been a huge Bloglines fan since 2004 or 2005. I can't even remember now, but I do know I did a presentation about Bloglines in 2005. I've looked at switching to Google Reader and to the built-in reader in Outlook 2007 (even imported my feeds into both), but I just haven't made the switch yet.

I did have fun adding all the library staff blogs to my Bloglines account. I exported them to an OPML file so that saved other staff a lot of effort.

Wikis (pbwiki)
I've got a bunch of wikis floating around out there. I've worked on several for SLA. I've also created a few for personal use. Here's one which we use for disc golf scores.

No comments: