Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Popular Posts on the Information Commons

Since I have picked up some new readers over the last couple of months, I thought it might be good to recap a few frequently read posts about my experiences at the Hub, the information commons at the University of Kentucky. I wrote all of these posts in the hope that they would be helpful to others--I attempted to cover what has worked for us, what didn't work so well, what I might do differently next time, and so forth. I also tried to include as many pictures as possible. Enjoy!

The Hubbub
This was our first big party to welcome students to campus and introduce students to the library and to the Hub. I've already started planning the second one and will be posting more about it in the coming months. In the meantime, here's a recap of the 2007 Hubbub:
Part One: Planning Activities
Part Two: Publicity
Part Three: Staffing
Video Windows
One of the most visually striking things about our space (besides the grandeur of the Young Library) is our video windows art display. My post on the video windows includes a number of elements: our design process, early exhibits, staffing, publicity, future plans. (Incidentally, the blog companion to one of our first video windows exhibits was featured on BoingBoing.)

Unusual Service Desks
Our service desks have gotten a fair amount of attention. I've answered a number of emails from colleagues around the world about the desks, so I thought it might be a good idea to create a post focused on the desks: why we chose them, how they've worked for us, future plans.

No comments: