Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ada Lovelace Day

Today is Ada Lovelace Day, a day recognizing Ada Lovelace, one of the world's first computer programmers, and a day where bloggers draw attention to women excelling in technology:
Women’s contributions often go unacknowledged, their innovations seldom mentioned, their faces rarely recognised. We want you to tell the world about these unsung heroines. Entrepreneurs, innovators, sysadmins, programmers, designers, games developers, hardware experts, tech journalists, tech consultants. The list of tech-related careers is endless.
To participate in Ada Lovelace Day, a blogger should sign the pledge, then post today, March 24, about a woman working in technology. I know it's getting late, but consider writing today about a woman who has influenced you.

I am so honored and thrilled that my friend and colleague Alex Grigg has recognized me today. Thank you, Alex!

Update: OK, I blogged too soon. I should recognize two more dear colleagues today: Catherine Lavallée-Welch, my inspiration for starting a blog in the first place, and Sarah Glassmeyer, Web 2.0 law librarian extraordinaire. Thank you!

No comments: