Tuesday, March 03, 2009

March Madness @ the Hub


March Madness @ the Hub
Originally uploaded by thehubatwts
I am so excited about this month's video windows exhibit in the Hub. On display are six collections of images or video depicting the history of University of Kentucky Men's Basketball:
  • March Madness 1903-1969: A History in Images
  • March Madness 1970-2008: A History in Images
  • UK vs. Alabama 1966
  • UK vs. Duke 1978 NCAA Championship Game
  • UK vs. Georgia Tech 1992
I set up the exhibit this morning, and already I've talked to five different passers-by about it. I can't wait to see what kind of crowd we get once our publicity goes out later this week.

Special thanks to Deirdre Scaggs and Janice Childers of the University of Kentucky Archives for curating this exhibit. For more information about the archives at UK, visit http://exploreuk.uky.edu

Update: More about this exhibit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, our football team could beat yours!

Stacey Greenwell said...

I was hoping you'd see that post. You know we gave you guys a pretty good whipping. It's fun to watch on loop...and hey, our football team is getting better!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea (and may steal it once we get video in our Information Center).
As a Duke fan, I have to ask: why no video of Duke v. Kentucky 1992? ;-)

Stacey Greenwell said...

Chris, I'd be happy to talk with you more about our setup should you decide to steal this idea.

There are Duke fans? Really? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Stacey-
I'll plan on picking your brain in Atlanta.
Maybe we should get a friendly March Madness Pool going among the Frye crowd?

Stacey Greenwell said...

Chris, would be glad to talk about this further.

I like your idea to get the brackets going, though I usually don't get into that. I'm pretty exclusively a UK fan, and there's not much to cheer about this year...who knew we'd be looking forward to football season!