Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Need a Study Break?


Need a study break?
Originally uploaded by thehubatwts
Yesterday we launched a popular magazine browsing area in our commons. I had been wanting to do this for some time but kept putting it off--needed to ask the appropriate staff, collect donations, etc.

Called "the Pop Stop," our area will hopefully grow to include a wider range of magazines, paperbacks, and maybe even Mad Libs and Sudoku puzzles. It's a green idea, and I'm hoping more staff will get on board and contribute. We can't rely on my embarrassingly large collection of fashion magazines alone!

Already I've observed students stopping to browse. I put a few signs in our Grub @ the Hub vending area so that those enjoying lunch in the Hub might stop by for something light to read.

No comments: