Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 2009. Like many of you, I'm excited at the start of the new year, plotting and planning things yet to come.

I'm expecting we'll have an even bigger and better year in the Hub as we approach our second birthday. The library staff position in the Hub will be filled next week on a temporary basis. In addition to solving desk coverage problems, this will allow us to get back on track with some of our special projects like the video windows, new videos and orientation materials, other new projects in the works, as well as begin planning Hubbub 2009.

On a personal level, I'm pretty excited about 2009. I already have several speaking engagements planned. I have an exciting year ahead in SLA with the Centennial Celebration as well as the launch of the new Academic Division (more on that later). And finally, I've decided to go back to school to work on a doctoral degree in higher education. It will be slow going, but it will give me the opportunity to build on some areas of interest as well as open up a number of new possibilities.

Here's to 2009!

No comments: